- Best Overall. MacBook Pro 14-inch.
- Best Budget Option. Lenovo IdeaPad L340.
- Best for Mac Fans. MacBook Pro 16-inch.
- Best Windows Option. Dell XPS 15.
- Best Heavy-Duty Option. ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581.
You asked, what computer do illustrators use? Apple MacBook Pro (Editor’s Choice) The Apple MacBook Pro is the greatest Apple computer for artists in 2022, capable of running every creative software on the Macintosh platform, storing the largest files and portfolios, and displaying the work in amazing detail, color, and vitality.
Subsequently, does Adobe Illustrator work better on Mac or PC? So there is no real evidence for the old saying “Adobe software runs better on Macs.” Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and the rest were not designed to perform better on any particular operating system.
Likewise, do you need a good PC for Adobe Illustrator? A desktop with a processor (CPU) that has four, six or more cores will run apps like Photoshop or Illustrator with ease, while at least 8GB of memory, 256GB of SSD storage and fast memory will help you work on multi-layered, high-resolution documents, without your system slowing you down.
In this regard, what are the best computers for Adobe?
- Best All-in-One: HP ENVY 34 All-in-One.
- Best laptop: Dell XPS 15.
- Best desktop: Dell XPS Tower 8940 Special Edition.
- Best 2-in-1: Surface Pro 8.
- Ultimate laptop: Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition.
As a graphic designer there are plenty of reasons to pick either a Mac computer or a PC. However a large majority of graphic designers choose Mac over PC because it is widely used across the industry, it’s simple operating system, and the amazing build quality Apple produces.
- 1 Are Macs better for artists?
- 2 Do I need a Mac for Adobe Illustrator?
- 3 Why do designers use Macs?
- 4 Is MacBook air good for designers?
- 5 Which graphic card is best for Adobe Illustrator?
- 6 Can I use Adobe Illustrator on laptop?
- 7 What laptop is best for Photoshop and Illustrator?
- 8 Can I use Illustrator on Surface Pro?
- 9 Is Microsoft Surface good for Adobe?
- 10 What laptop is best for Adobe programs?
- 11 Are Macbooks good for graphic design?
- 12 Does Photoshop run better on Mac or PC?
- 13 Does Apple have graphic design software?
- 14 Why do musicians prefer Mac?
- 15 Why do studios use Mac?
- 16 Is iMac good for artist?
- 17 Is Adobe Illustrator different on Mac and Windows?
- 18 Can you run Illustrator on a MacBook Air?
- 19 Are Macs Really Worth It?
- 20 Is IPAD good for graphic design?
Are Macs better for artists?
As an artist, the right tools can make all the difference when it comes to creating your art. This is true for graphic designers, musicians, and every artist in between. Mac computers continue to be one of the best tools for creative designers. In fact, 99.9% of graphic designers use a Mac instead of a Windows PC.
Do I need a Mac for Adobe Illustrator?
Operating System macOS or Windows? Adobe Illustrator works pretty well on both systems, it’s really more of a personal preference. Either one you choose, the work interface in Illustrator is quite similar, the biggest difference would be keyboard shortcuts.
Why do designers use Macs?
Designers tend to appreciate Apple’s business model, where they build not only an operating system, but also the hardware that runs it. This allows for a truly seamless experience, where Apple controls what happens to the user from their first interaction to their last.
Is MacBook air good for designers?
Is the MacBook Air good for designers? For everyday 2D design work, a current MacBook Air will be good enough. The new M1 processors are faster than previous chips, and they offer good graphical performance too. However, the fanless design of the MacBook Air is a problem if you work long hours.
Which graphic card is best for Adobe Illustrator?
- ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge. Check Price on Amazon.
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1650 OC 4GB.
- XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition.
- MSI GeForce RTX 3070 LHR 8GB.
- VisionTek Radeon 5450 2GB DDR3.
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3.
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660.
Can I use Adobe Illustrator on laptop?
For running Adobe Illustrator, you want a well-built machine with robust hardware that will help speed up your workflow. There are countless laptops in the market that come with a blend of high-powered hardware and portability.
What laptop is best for Photoshop and Illustrator?
- Gigabyte Aero 17 (2021)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020)
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio.
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 4.
- Microsoft Surface Book 3.
- Apple MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
- Asus ZenBook 13 (2021)
- Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 4. Expensive, but worth every penny.
Can I use Illustrator on Surface Pro?
Surface Pro X can only emulate x86 applications. Illustrator 2020 cannot be used because it becomes a 64-bit application. Illustrator 2019 can be used because it is a 32-bit application, but since it is emulation only, Adobe will not guarantee operation.
Is Microsoft Surface good for Adobe?
Most Innovative Computer for Adobe Creative Cloud The Surface Studio is an all-in-one computer, available with a dedicated graphics processor and also a 28-inch display that supports both touch and pen input. This functionality makes it a great computer for Creative Cloud users.
What laptop is best for Adobe programs?
- Best Laptop Overall – Lenovo Legion 5.
- Best Laptops For Beginners – ASUS VivoBook S17.
- Best Budget Laptop For Creative Suite – Lenovo IdeaPad 3.
- Best Laptop For Professional Use – MSI GS66.
- Best Mid Range Laptop For Adobe Creative suite – Acer Nitro 5.
Are Macbooks good for graphic design?
It may come as no surprise that a MacBook Pro laptop is our pick for the best laptop for graphic designers. Apple’s MacBook Pros are hugely popular with creatives and graphic designers thanks to their excellent build quality, design and power, and the brand-new 16-inch MacBook Pro is the pinnacle of this.
Does Photoshop run better on Mac or PC?
The short answer is that there is no significant difference between Mac OS and PC when it comes to how Photoshop runs on the two. There might be a slight difference in processing speed but not so significant that it will be particularly noticeable.
Does Apple have graphic design software?
Powerful Vector Design Tools Graphic is a modern full-featured graphic design and illustration application, created specifically for Mac OS X. Packed with many powerful features, and designed to be easy to use, you can use Graphic to create everything from simple diagrams to intricate detailed vector artwork.
Why do musicians prefer Mac?
Simon Mills – “Mac is perfect for musicians because you spend more time working on music, rather than ironing out issues all the time, and because each mac is made from exactly the same parts, you can easily solve any problem that might arise… it’s easily traceable.
Why do studios use Mac?
The short answer. OSX works very well in the audio and video dept. Core audio is very well supported, robust and offers very low latency when working with audio plug-ins and audio hardware units like protools racks, apogee, Focusrite, etc.
Is iMac good for artist?
Macs are the computers of choice for the creative community, and we think the 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display is the best option for serious graphic designers. That’s because you get the best possible screen, great specs, and all for a reasonable price.
Is Adobe Illustrator different on Mac and Windows?
Inside both the Mac and Windows versions of Illustrator they function exactly the same. The only difference you’ll really ever notice are the keyboard shortcuts. Performance is more dependent on the speed of your CPU, the quality of your GPU and the amount and speed of your RAM.
Can you run Illustrator on a MacBook Air?
I’ve personally tested and used Illustrator on iPad since release and it works beautifully, exports AI files just fine to carry on the work on the Mac when needed, and drawing vectors with the Pencil is an amazing experience. She does already have a Mac.
Are Macs Really Worth It?
But is it worth the price? Well, if you need a true workhorse of a laptop and you want to stay in the Apple ecosystem, I’d say this MacBook Pro is very much worth the price. Frankly, even if you’re not in the Apple ecosystem, this machine is worth the switch if you need a powerful laptop.
Is IPAD good for graphic design?
Conclusion. To sum up, iPads are a great tool to do graphic design from everywhere you want while having the natural feeling of a real pencil. The right software is the key to a fast and efficient design process.