- Step 1: Remove Your Battery or Other Power Source.
- Step 2: Unscrew the Rear Plate of the Laptop.
- Step 3: Remove the Back Plate of the Laptop.
- Step 4: Find the RAM Card(s)
- Step 5: Remove the Existing RAM.
- Step 6: Install the New RAM.
- Step 7: Put Back Plate Back On.
Considering this, where is RAM slot in Asus Laptop? Most ASUS laptops have easy access panel to the RAM slots on the bottom.
Also know, can Asus RAM be upgraded? The short answer is yes, but only if you have a notebook or desktop. A large majority of notebooks have 2 memory slots which can be upgraded with either one of two modules. Many of these are shipped with 2 low-density modules of matching capacity.
Also, how many RAM slots does the Asus X550C have? The Laptop has 2 Slots (1 Upgradable) to install memory, already with 2GB (Soldered) standard memory installed. For best X550C Laptop performance use the maximum amount of 10GB, fill all the slots with the max allowed memory per slot for your Laptop.
Additionally, how do you install RAM?
- 1 How do I upgrade my ASUS RAM?
- 2 Does ASUS have RAM?
- 3 Can I add 8GB RAM to 4GB Asus laptop?
- 4 How do you replace RAM in a laptop?
- 5 How much RAM can I add to my ASUS laptop?
- 6 How do I check my laptops RAM?
- 7 Does adding RAM void ASUS warranty?
- 8 How much is a ASUS x550c?
- 9 Can I just add RAM to my computer?
- 10 Can you install RAM yourself?
- 11 How do I know if I installed my RAM correctly?
- 12 Can you mix 4GB and 8GB RAM?
- 13 Is 8GB RAM enough for gaming?
- 14 What does RAM mean on a laptop?
- 15 How much RAM does a Asus gaming laptop have?
- 16 Can you mix 16gb RAM with 8GB RAM?
- 17 Can I use 16gb and 4GB RAM together?
- 18 Does increasing RAM increase laptop speed?
- 19 Do you have to configure new RAM?
- 20 How do I buy RAM for my laptop?
- 21 How do I know if my laptop RAM is upgradeable?
- 22 Can I put 16GB RAM in my laptop?
- 23 How can I test if my RAM is working?
- 24 How do I know which RAM to buy?
- 25 How do I check my RAM on Windows 10?
- 26 Can I add RAM without voiding warranty?
- 27 Does installing SSD void warranty ASUS?
- 28 Does RAM upgrade affect warranty?
- 29 Does ASUS x550c have Bluetooth?
- 30 How do I select boot option on Asus laptop?
How do I upgrade my ASUS RAM?
- Unscrew the 10 fasteners on the bottom panel of the laptop using a Philips-head screwdriver.
- Pry up the bottom panel using a pry tool.
- Unfasten the plastic arms on either side of the RAM.
- Pull the RAM away from the slot.
Does ASUS have RAM?
In this section you will find all Asus computer RAMs. You will have the choice between 2 GB memory cards, 4 GB memory cards, 8 GB memory cards and 16 GB memory cards, whether you are looking for a DDR3 or DDR4 model.
Can I add 8GB RAM to 4GB Asus laptop?
If you want to add more RAM than that, say, by adding an 8GB module to your 4GB module, it’ll work but the performance of a portion of the 8GB module will be lower. In the end that extra RAM probably won’t be enough to matter (which you can read more about below.)
How do you replace RAM in a laptop?
How much RAM can I add to my ASUS laptop?
Check the capacity accepted by your laptop In our example, it is possible to install up to 64 GB of RAM. You will be able to add an 8GB RAM DDR4 2133Mhz module in the free slot.
How do I check my laptops RAM?
- Click on the Windows Start menu and type in System Information.
- A list of search results pops up, among which is the System Information utility. Click on it.
- Scroll down to Installed Physical Memory (RAM) and see how much memory is installed on your computer.
Does adding RAM void ASUS warranty?
Will upgrading my RAM void warranty ASUS? No, it will not void your warranty. There is a removable panel on the bottom that covers the 2 drive bays and the second set or RAM slots. You can remove the drive and swap it, add more RAM and change out the optical drive without voiding the warranty.
How much is a ASUS x550c?
The ASUS X550CA-DB31 offers an attractive 15-inch chassis, strong audio, and costs just $449, making this a good budget Windows 8 laptop.
Can I just add RAM to my computer?
How much RAM can your PC accommodate? You can’t just add more RAM to your computer without confirming a few things in advance. Every PC has two limits on its maximum RAM: its motherboard and its operating system (OS). Whichever limit is lower is the maximum RAM for your PC.
Can you install RAM yourself?
Replacing RAM is easy, and if you mess up, you’ll know right away, because your computer won’t boot. But don’t worry. If that happens, put the old RAM back in, and you should at least be back where you were before you started.
How do I know if I installed my RAM correctly?
- Type Windows Memory Diagnostic into the Windows Search box.
- Select Windows Memory Diagnostic when it appears in the popup.
- Select either Restart now and check for problems or Check for problems the next time I start my computer.
Can you mix 4GB and 8GB RAM?
You can use 8GB RAM and 4GB RAM together, but doing so can affect performance. Although you’ll have a total of 12GB RAM, it will be slower than using two memory sticks of the same size. When using 8GB and 4GB RAM together, they should have the same voltage rating.
Is 8GB RAM enough for gaming?
8GB of RAM is the minimum amount of RAM for any gaming PC. With 8GB RAM, you will be able to play most released games without many problems, but some games might not play at the highest quality, and you might have to shut down other applications.
What does RAM mean on a laptop?
RAM stands for random-access memory, but what does that mean? Your computer RAM is essentially short term memory where data is stored as the processor needs it. This isn’t to be confused with long-term data that’s stored on your hard drive, which stays there even when your computer is turned off.
How much RAM does a Asus gaming laptop have?
The ASUS ROG Strix G531GT Laptop takes the DDR4 PC4-21300 2666MHz Non-ECC SODIMM memory type, and comes installed with 8GB memory.
Can you mix 16gb RAM with 8GB RAM?
Most laptops or computers come with at least two slots for RAM sticks, if not more. Most modern motherboards will provide four RAM slots. There’s a prevailing misconception you cannot use different RAM sizes together or that you cannot mix RAM brands. Simply put, that’s not true.
Can I use 16gb and 4GB RAM together?
Its possible, but there is a fairly large chance it wont work properly. Only RAM sold in kits is guaranteed to work together. You can use a single stick by itself if you have to, it wont run in dual channel so the performance will be a little slower, but its not going to be any better using the 4GB stick alongside it.
Does increasing RAM increase laptop speed?
Generally, the faster the RAM, the faster the processing speed. With faster RAM, you increase the speed at which memory transfers information to other components. Meaning, your fast processor now has an equally fast way of talking to the other components, making your computer much more efficient.
Do you have to configure new RAM?
This standard essentially tells every modern computer which settings freshly-installed memory should use by default. For both consumers and enterprise users, this makes life a lot easier. You can just chuck some RAM in a machine and count on it working.
How do I buy RAM for my laptop?
- SODIMM form factor.
- Note the DDR standard.
- Clock speed of the RAM.
- Check how much space you have for extra memory.
How do I know if my laptop RAM is upgradeable?
To find out whether you can upgrade your RAM, try Crucial’s Memory Advisor tool. After entering in your brand and exact model of laptop, you should get a screen that shows the maximum amount of memory and how many slots your laptop has. Crucial also lists memory modules you can buy for your laptop.
Can I put 16GB RAM in my laptop?
Once you know you can upgrade RAM on your laptop, find out how much of extra RAM it can take. Most of the latest laptop models should support 16GB of RAM, however, if are using a high-end gaming laptop, it may accommodate 32GB of RAM.
How can I test if my RAM is working?
To launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, open the Start menu, type “Windows Memory Diagnostic”, and press Enter. You can also press Windows Key+R, type “mdsched.exe” into the Run dialog that appears, and press Enter. You’ll need to reboot your computer to perform the test.
How do I know which RAM to buy?
A good rule of thumb is that if the Available Memory is less than 25 percent of your Total Memory, a RAM upgrade will provide a tangible performance boost for the end user. While in Task Manager, watch RAM performance when you open a new application.
How do I check my RAM on Windows 10?
- Step 1: Click “Start” Begin by clicking on the “Start” menu, located in the bottom left of your screen.
- Step 2: Find “About Your PC”
- Step 3: Navigate to “Device Specifications”
- Step 4: Find out how much RAM you have.
Can I add RAM without voiding warranty?
Nope.. Usually if the manufacturer provides an extra slot for Ram Upgrade, then if you upgrade the RAM Capacity, it wont void the warranty. Or if the motherboard slot has only one slot which supports 8GB and you have received only 4GB Stick, you can still upgrade to 8GB without voiding the warranty.
Does installing SSD void warranty ASUS?
Yes. It will void the warranty.
Does RAM upgrade affect warranty?
No, adding RAM won’t void the warranty, but the warranty won’t cover the new RAM.
Does ASUS x550c have Bluetooth?
You obtain your Bluetooth software/drivers, IF your machine is designed to use Bluetooth from your manufacturer’s website if not installed by default. And in the Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC Settings > PC and Devices > Bluetooth > turn it on. Cheers.
How do I select boot option on Asus laptop?
- Reboot the Asus laptop.
- Press consecutively the Esc key on your keyboard to launch the boot menu.
- After the boot menu window is open, use the arrow to confirm that the prior boot order selection is the USB flash drive or CD-ROM.