- From the command line (shell) run: jupyter notebook –generate-config.
- View the config file at: ~/.jupyter/jupyter_notebook_config. py.
- Change the line: c. NotebookApp. notebook_dir = ” to.
- c. NotebookApp. notebook_dir = ‘/path/to/desired/startup/directory’
You asked, how do I start my Jupyter Notebook from another directory? In this address bar, you can enter in text and navigate to other directories manually. Once you’ve entered your specific folder with Windows Explorer, you can simply press ALT + D, type in cmd and press Enter. You can then type jupyter notebook to launch Jupyter Notebook within that specific folder.
Also the question is, how do I change the Jupyter Notebook directory in Windows? Change Jupyter Notebook startup folder (Windows) Copy the Jupyter Notebook launcher from the menu to the desktop. Right click on the new launcher and change the Target field , change %USERPROFILE% to the full path of the folder which will contain all the notebooks.
Best answer for this question, how do I change my Jupyter lab directory? Open cmd (or Anaconda Prompt) and run jupyter lab . You will see your home directory being set to the new path. Voila!
Moreover, how do I change my directory in Anaconda?
- OPTIONAL: Save your environments using the conda managing environments instructions.
- Uninstall Anaconda.
- Go to the new directory and install it there following the Anaconda installation instructions.