- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap or click Change PC settings > Update and recovery > Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get Started.
- Tap or click Next, and choose either Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive.
- Tap or click Reset.
Best answer for this question, how do you change the Microsoft account on a used PC?
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts.
- Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
- Follow the prompts to switch to your Microsoft account.
Amazingly, how do I change the administrator on my Surface?
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Computer Management and select it from the list.
- Select the arrow next to Local Users and Groups to expand it.
- Select Users.
- Right-click Administrator and select Rename.
- Type a new name.
Beside above, how do I bypass Windows Surface login? Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen. Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart. Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears. Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.
Also the question is, how do I remove personal information from my computer before selling?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- Click the Remove everything button.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn on the Data erasure toggle switch.
- Click the Confirm button.
- 1 How do I factory reset my surface laptop without logging in?
- 2 How do I change the email address associated with my Windows 10 account?
- 3 How do I change my Microsoft account on Windows 10 without losing data?
- 4 How do I change my Microsoft account email on Windows 10?
- 5 How do I login as administrator on Surface Pro?
- 6 How do I add a user to my Microsoft Surface?
- 7 How do I change my username on my laptop?
- 8 How do I bypass password on Surface tablet?
- 9 How do I reset my Surface tablet without the password?
- 10 How do you unlock a locked Surface Pro?
- 11 Does factory Reset delete everything on laptop?
- 12 Does factory Reset remove all data?
- 13 How do I clear everything off my laptop?
- 14 How do I hard reset my Surface laptop?
- 15 How do I change my login information on Windows 10?
- 16 How do I transfer my Microsoft account to another email?
- 17 How do I find out my Microsoft account name and password?
- 18 What will happen if I switch Microsoft account?
- 19 How do I change my Microsoft account to the same user?
- 20 Will I lose my files if I use a different Microsoft account?
- 21 How do I change my Microsoft account email on my laptop?
- 22 Can I merge two Microsoft accounts?
- 23 How can I open Microsoft account?
- 24 How do I access the administrator account from the login screen?
- 25 How do I login as administrator?
- 26 How do I login with administrator privileges?
- 27 How do I create a new user account?
- 28 How do I change my computer login password?
- 29 How do I change my login password on my laptop?
- 30 How do I change the administrator name on Windows 10 without a Microsoft account?
How do I factory reset my surface laptop without logging in?
To reset your Surface without signing in to Windows, you’ll need the built-in keyboard located under the “Ease of Access” icon in the lower left corner. Tap the “Power” icon in the lower right corner of the screen and then tap the “Shift” key. Click “Restart” and select “Restart Anyway” if that prompt appears.
How do I change the email address associated with my Windows 10 account?
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. Note: If you see a screen asking you which account you want to use, it means you have two Microsoft accounts associated with the same email address.
- Select Your info.
- Select Edit name, make your preferred changes, and then select Save.
How do I change my Microsoft account on Windows 10 without losing data?
Just Open the “PC Settings” app and go to the Account section. There you can disconnect from the old email account and connect it to your new Microsoft Account while leaving all your stuff in place.
How do I change my Microsoft account email on Windows 10?
- Sign in to your Microsoft account page.
- Locate Account option.
- Select the Your Info tab.
- Now click on Manage how you sign in to Microsoft.
- Here, you can change the primary Microsoft Account email.
- Select your desired email ID and click Make primary.
How do I login as administrator on Surface Pro?
- a. Press “Windows Key+ R” key on the keyboard and select “Command prompt (Admin)”.
- b. At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press ENTER. .
- c. Type net user administrator
, and then press ENTER.
How do I add a user to my Microsoft Surface?
- Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other users.
- Under Other users > Add other user, select Add account.
- Enter that person’s Microsoft account information and follow the prompts.
How do I change my username on my laptop?
- Open the Charms menu from the Windows desktop by pressing the Windows key plus the C key and selecting Settings.
- In Settings, select Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts.
- In the User Accounts window, select Change your account name to change the username for your local Windows account.
How do I bypass password on Surface tablet?
How do I reset my Surface tablet without the password?
- Start your Surface Pro tablet. From the Windows login screen, click the Power icon in the lower right, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart option.
- Wait for Surface Pro to restart.
- On the next screen, click the Reset your PC option.
How do you unlock a locked Surface Pro?
Does factory Reset delete everything on laptop?
During the factory resetting process, your PC’s hard drive is completely erased and you lose any business, financial and personal files that may be present on the computer. Once the resetting process starts, you cannot interrupt it.
Does factory Reset remove all data?
Perform factory reset When you do a factory reset on your Android device, it erases all the data on your device, and returns the phone back to its original out-of-the-box state as it was from the factory.
How do I clear everything off my laptop?
- Click Update & Security.
- Go to the left-hand side, scroll down and click on Recovery.
- From there, go to Reset this PC.
- A prompt will appear with two options, Keep My Files or Remove Everything.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn the Data Erasure toggle switch to on.
How do I hard reset my Surface laptop?
Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time until the screen turns off (about 15 seconds), then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.
How do I change my login information on Windows 10?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Your info.
- Click the Manage my Microsoft account option.
- Sign in to your account (if applicable).
- Click the Your Info tab.
- Under your current name, click the Edit name option.
- Change the new account name as needed.
How do I transfer my Microsoft account to another email?
Select Create a new email address and add it as an alias, and then follow the instructions. A non-Microsoft email address (such as an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email address). Select Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias, and then select Add alias.
How do I find out my Microsoft account name and password?
- Look up your username using your security contact phone number or email address.
- Request a security code to be sent to the phone number or email you used.
- Enter the code and select Next.
- When you see the account you’re looking for, select Sign in.
What will happen if I switch Microsoft account?
No, the account is separate from the install and apps. It just replaces the account with a different one. Or if you don’t even want to replace the account, you can sign into it and go into Settings > Accounts > Your Info and choose Sign in with a Local Account instead, let it convert to Local, restart PC.
How do I change my Microsoft account to the same user?
- Open Windows Settings (Windows key + I).
- Then click Accounts and then click on Sign in with a local account instead.
- Then sign out of the account and sign in back.
- Now open Windows Setting again.
- Then click on Accounts and then click on Sign in with a Microsoft Account.
Will I lose my files if I use a different Microsoft account?
Replies (1) If the Account Sync was off don’t worry, When Sync settings is turned on, Windows syncs the settings you choose across all your Windows 10 devices that you’ve signed in to with your Microsoft account, the files that you have will not be deleted.
How do I change my Microsoft account email on my laptop?
- Open Start > Settings > Accounts > Your info.
- Click the link Sign in with a Local Account instead.
- Enter your information.
Can I merge two Microsoft accounts?
There may be many reasons why you may want to merge two or more Microsoft accounts. However, you cannot merge two Microsoft accounts, but you can connect them and use them in one account.
How can I open Microsoft account?
- Go to account.microsoft.com, select Sign in, and then choose Create one!
- If you’d rather create a new email address, choose Get a new email address, choose Next, and then follow the instructions.
How do I access the administrator account from the login screen?
- Select “Start” and type “CMD“.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” then choose “Run as administrator“.
- If prompted, enter a username and password that grants admin rights to the computer.
- Type: net user administrator /active:yes.
- Press “Enter“.
How do I login as administrator?
In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type net user and then press the Enter key. NOTE: You will see both the Administrator and Guest accounts listed. To activate the Administrator account, type the command net user administrator /active:yes and then press the Enter key.
How do I login with administrator privileges?
Step 1: Make sure that you have already logged on your computer as an administrator. Step 2: Type cmd in the Search bar and then right-click Command Prompt to choose Run as administrator. Step 3: Type net user Administrator /active:yes in the CMD window and then press Enter.
How do I create a new user account?
- Choose Start→Control Panel and in the resulting window, click the Add or Remove User Accounts link.
- Click Create a New Account.
- Enter an account name and then select the type of account you want to create.
- Click the Create Account button and then close the Control Panel.
How do I change my computer login password?
Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options . Under Password, select the Change button and follow the steps.
How do I change my login password on my laptop?
- Press the ctrl-alt-del keys all at the same time on your computer keyboard.
- Choose the Change Password option that appears on the screen.
- The Change Password dialog box will appear.
- Hit the Arrow button next to the last password box, and your password should be changed.
How do I change the administrator name on Windows 10 without a Microsoft account?
- Press the Windows key and R simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Type netplwiz in the Run command tool.
- Choose the account you would like to rename.
- Then click Properties.
- Type a new username in the box under the General tab.
- Click OK.